Can I get some help with my memory card?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Need help about memory card ASAP

Hello I have Nokia Lumia 735 and I want to buy memory card, but can't decide between these two.

Samsung 32GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDHC up to 90MB/s with Adapter (MB-MG32DA/AM)

Transcend 64GB MicroSDXC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter 45 MB/s (TS64GUSDU1E)

First one got higher speed, but second one got more memory. So which would be better to get? Here in my country they cost same. Please help me I need to buy it today.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Need help about memory card ASAP

A 32GB card with a higher data transfer rate should be more flexible than a 64GB card with a lower transfer rate. I've got a L1020 with 32GB internal storage, but I've always found 32GB to be more than what I need - considering the phone takes very high-resolution images and videos. Also, having a card twice as big but at half the speed may be more of a hassle than it would be a benefit - what good would having large storage be if the storage would be accessed at half the speed? Better to have twice the speed with a still decent storage size (90MB/s, 32GB).

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Gwynbleidd

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Here I created account :) Yes it's probably better to have higher speed, but can Nokia Lumia 735 actually handle 90mb/s reading and 80mb/s writing speed? If this phone can't handle over 45mb/s transfer then Transcend is better?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
You may want to have a look at this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/327833-what-fastetst-transfer-rate-lumia-730-can-support-sd-card.html

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the technical specifications at that level. In the thread I posted above, using the Hardware tests app should enable the user to determine the speed of the SD Card.

By the way, I just did some reading, have a look at this page: Difference between Speed Class, UHS Speed Class, and Speed Ratings (performance) for SD/SDHC/SDXC cards
as well as this page: http://www.lexar.com/files/product/datasheet/White_Paper_SD_Class_xRating_updatedUHS_Final_1.pdf

Class 10 is rated only at 10MB/s, while cards that go up to 90MB/s have a different rating "Professional 600x UHS-I". You may want to check if the SD Cards you're choosing are legitimate. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon