Does Microsoft Corp offer a USB-C hub adapter? Or need to get 3rd party?

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site
I have the 1st generation Microsoft Surface Go that I got a couple years ago at Best Buy, it's the upgraded 128GB/8GB model. I want to get a USB-C hub so I can attach accessories, such as USB 3.0 devices, HDMI, memory card reader, etc.

I see that on Amazon there are a number of 3rd party (unknown?) names that make a hub for the Surface Go, but I don't see anything with the Microsoft brand name, so I'm wondering if this exists.

Here are the items I'm thinking of getting from Amazon, can anyone tell me if these are any good or if there is something better?

This item has everything I want including a memory card reader - but no ethernet port:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3823866

This item has everything I want including an ethernet port - but no memory card reader:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3823866

Also want to get this USB-C charging cable adapter to plug into a high speed Samsung smartphone charging brick:

After 2 years of using the Microsoft Surface Go first generation, I can still say I honestly like this product. It's a bit laggy for response time when I'm clicking on stuff, which is a little annoying. I think part of the problem is that I have the free open source "Classic Shell" app installed because I can't stand Windows 10 operating system without a "Start" button. Also can't stand using "Tiles". I have the suspicion that the Class Shell app is causing a delay in response time for any touch screen entries. But I love Classic Shell so much that I have this app installed on all my various Windows laptops so I simply refuse to remove it.

By the way, I got rid of the Windows 10 "S" operating system immediately on the first day I purchased the unit and haven't looked back since. I have numerous apps installed on my Go laptop including Photoshop (older 7.0 version), plus CyberLink PowerDirector video editing app, various picture and audio editing software apps, Microsoft Outlook Suite, etc. So having many large apps is probably contributing to a bit off lag in response time, plus taking up lots of storage space.

Lastly, based on preliminary reviews I've seen on the Surface Go version 2 model, there doesn't appear to be much of an upgrade so I won't even bother. Plus I have multiple other Windows laptops such as from Lenovo, Asus, Dell, so I don't really need to upgrade the Go laptop.

Casey Cheung

Jul 26, 2019
Visit site

Thank you for the suggestions! I was hoping Microsoft would have a design similar to the ones offered on Amazon whereby the hub attaches directly onto the side of the Go laptop, versus having a cable design and hub placed on the table. I currently have my Go laptop elevated above the table attached to a tablet gooseneck clamp holder, so a cable design hub would not work and would just dangle in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans