Where is the hibernate setting on my Surface Pro 3?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cant seem to find the hibernate settings

Hi Guys,

Anyone running windows 8.1 on the surface 3 pro know how to change when the computer hibernates? it currently goes into hibernation mode after 2 hours of no use, and i would like to change that to 1 hour.

Thanks in advance.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cant seem to find the hibernate settings

I'm not very familiar with Windows 8.1, but you should be able to do it from the Control Panel-
Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Power Options > on the left side, go to either "Choose when to turn off the display" or "Change when the computer sleeps". I think this is what you're looking for. ok around once you reach Power Options.
Good luck!

javier sallato

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the reply. i have looked everywhere in power options and advance setting under power options but i can only seem to set when the computer sleeps pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

Screenshot (17).png

This *might* be the answer you're looking for, but I think it'll hibernate your Surface even when in use. Never tried these setting out. Other than that, I have no clue. Hopefully someone else knows the answer...

javier sallato

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks again for your reply, but i don't have that "sleep" option that you first click on. I have seen that before on my desktop, but for some reason i don't have it on my surface. strange.pic2.jpg

javier sallato

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

i downgraded to windows 8.1 a few days ago, windows 10 was killing my battery. i will give it another go in a few months once some of the bugs have been fixed, and hopefully that will fix my issue.

really appreciate your help, have a nice day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99