Windows (Either 8.1 or 10) Did Not Recognize My Phone

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi..both my laptop and desktop didn't recognize my L1520 BUT both of them recognize my L535..either i use the same data cable or another data cable,the result is the same,both desktop and laptop didn't recognize my L1520..
1. What is the problem??
2. How can I solve this?

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
0. Have you tried restarting or performing a soft reset on your Lumia 1520? Does your phone still charge?

1. It appears that the problem is with your phone, particularly the mini-USB port - thanks for the definitive information.

2.a. Check that there is no accumulated dirt in the port. If there is, use a piece of folded paper to try to clean it (do not use hard metallic objects - we don't want to damage or misalign the pins).
2.b. Use an aspirator to force air into the port, in an attempt to blow the dirt out. Use a can of compressed air if necessary. Do NOT blow into the port using your mouth and straw (moisture may get into the phone, and we all know what would happen next).

If these don't work, you may need to bring your phone to a service center, informing them accurately about your findings - so they would know exactly what to do.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
0. Have you tried restarting or performing a soft reset on your Lumia 1520? Does your phone still charge?

1. It appears that the problem is with your phone, particularly the mini-USB port - thanks for the definitive information.

2.a. Check that there is no accumulated dirt in the port. If there is, use a piece of folded paper to try to clean it (do not use hard metallic objects - we don't want to damage or misalign the pins).
2.b. Use an aspirator to force air into the port, in an attempt to blow the dirt out. Use a can of compressed air if necessary. Do NOT blow into the port using your mouth and straw (moisture may get into the phone, and we all know what would happen next).

If these don't work, you may need to bring your phone to a service center, informing them accurately about your findings - so they would know exactly what to do.

Yes, I already tried the soft reset but failed. I already clean my phone's port.

There is one weird thing, when I pltake out my SD Card, the computer recognized my phone.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I am using WP8.1 Update, OS Version 8.10.14226.359. I want to hard reset my phone first when I am not busy. And if the problem still there, I want to hard reset my phone AND also format my SD Card.

First try reformatting your SD Card using your phone - this is easier than performing a hard reset on your phone. This also would ensure that your SD Card is in the correct format. Also try using different SD Cards.

If these don't work, then you could proceed with performing a hard reset on your phone. If that still doesn't work, then you may need to go to a service center to have that issue checked.

zeuxiss

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
First try reformatting your SD Card using your phone - this is easier than performing a hard reset on your phone. This also would ensure that your SD Card is in the correct format. Also try using different SD Cards.

If these don't work, then you could proceed with performing a hard reset on your phone. If that still doesn't work, then you may need to go to a service center to have that issue checked.

Thanks,sir. I will try to format my SD Card first. If my phone still has the problem, I will try the other methods that you said. One more time, thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720