Can I reinstall Windows 10 after reverting to Windows 8.1?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

can i re install windows 10 after reverting to windows 8.1

i was using windows 8.1 and got notification to upgrade to windows 10 for free ....
i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 (updates driver too for windows 10) and now i am facing many problems like slow working(some time hang on lock screen during cold boot), low graphics and audio quality, decreased battery backup etc etc ...

so i want to revert to windows 8.1, after reverting to 8.1 can i again upgrade my laptop to windows 10 for free or i have to purchase it..

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: can i re install windows 10 after reverting to windows 8.1

i was using windows 8.1 and got notification to upgrade to windows 10 for free ....
i upgrade my laptop to windows 10 (updates driver too for windows 10) and now i am facing many problems like slow working(some time hang on lock screen during cold boot), low graphics and audio quality, decreased battery backup etc etc ...

so i want to revert to windows 8.1, after reverting to 8.1 can i again upgrade my laptop to windows 10 for free or i have to purchase it..

U can only if the OS is licensed or activated

Piyush Pandey1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
thanks for your response.......

but instead of reverting of windows 10 to windows 8.1 i did factory restore i lost my all data and return to windows 8 only..
now i upgrade again window 8 to win 8.1 , how can i upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10
my win8.1 is active.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99