Why do some Windowed Mode apps' windows no longer stretch to fit entire desktop area?

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,

The problem surfaced on some apps after installing Windows 10. Never had a problem on Windows 7.

I like to use apps/play games on Windowed Mode, so I can see the Taskbar always. Some apps have continued to fit perfectly - the bottom border ending right at the top of the Taskbar, and the side borders ending right at the edges of my screen. But several others now leave pretty large gaps on the sides and bottom, showing part of the desktop area, and their windows cannot be stretched. They snap back to the same size immediately after I attempt to drag the borders.

Not sure if too many will understand how seeing the Taskbar and the top bar of the window does not spoil my immersion in a game, whereas the gaps showing the desktop area, do, hence the reason for asking if there is a solution. But it's what I'm used to with Windows 7, and before that, Windows XP. I also need to immediately see when any messages come in so I cannot use Fullscreen or Windowed Borderless.

I have tried many things already, including entering -width and -height parameter Launch Options through Steam but these have no effect. Changed resolution to other smaller resolutions and then back to 1920x1080 native resolution. Changed from Fullscreen to Windowed Borderless and back to Windowed again. Also tried a few third-party programs like Resize Enable. Etc.

Two of the apps in question are LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) and War Thunder. I've taken a picture of how LOTRO Windowed Mode looks, adding some red lines to the edges of the actual window to remove all doubt of where the window ends and the desktop begins. Seems I can't post the full link to the picture here but you can view it by going to imgur dot com slash ojIu3hT

Hopefully someone can offer some assistance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon