Windows 10 and Microsoft Office

M

Madalyn

I am really confused. I upgraded asus tablet to wind 10. I needed the Microsoft family of programs to work on my homework. (Word, Excel, etc) these programs have always come with anh computer i have owned and Now i have to purchase? Is there a difference betweeb offive 365 and just word? I dont want to buy software but cant use Microsoft word unless i do& need word desperately. AM I just dumb or how do i get these programs downloaded for free on windows 10? Please hetlp thank you i sincerly appreciate any help

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If your PC came from an OS version that had Microsoft Office installed, licensed and activated (not trial or evaluation), then it should carry over to your Windows 10 OS.

There is a difference between Office 365 and Microsoft Office, the former being subscription-based with additional features whereas the latter is the traditional Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.).

Microsoft Office can be downloaded for free, but without a valid license it will expire in 30 days. In Microsoft Office 2010, it is still possible to use Word, Excel, etc. complete with saving, editing and the usual functions, but in Microsoft Office 2013 some of the functions (such as Save) will be disabled if the product isn't activated or licensed. You may want to contact the supplier of your PC regarding the details of the licensing of the Microsoft Office installed in it (if your PC came with it pre-installed).

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos