Is there a way to recover a small .txt file that was permanently deleted (shift-del)?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hello there. I really need your help. I have accidentally deleted a very important .txt file that was really small, only around 10 bytes and contained only a randomly generated password of around 10 characters. It was on my desktop and was named New Text Document.txt by default. I have deleted it with two other files I did not need, and I did not see that this was also marked before deleting. I have tried multiple recovery programs (recuva included) and used deep scan but had no luck and these programs did not even show anything close to the file I needed (no such name, no such size or date).So is it possible that the file has changed its name after deleting or something? Is there any other way to try to recover the file? It is really important to me and I desperately need to get it back. I have also entered it to my browser multiple times, just did not save it, maybe there is some way of retrieving it from there? Thanks a ton!!

augustasstaa

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
It is more complicated than that. It is a password for both my yahoo and paypal accounts, and I no longer have that phone number my yahoo account was registered on. Thanks for the offer. Any other options?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon