After upgrading to Windows 10, why won't Outlook 2013 receive emails?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

After upgrading to Windows 10, Outlook 2013 will not receive emails.

I use outlook 2013 on windows 7 & 8 and it works fine with the same IMAP accts. Existing folders will be displayed and I can send emails, but I can not receive emails nor will my current inbox sync.
I have tried the SFC /scannow solution a number of times.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear friend. Email apps have caused me grief beyond belief. I stopped using them over 10 years ago and never looked back. Webmail FTW. Although I have been using Win10 Mail apps as of recently for just basic convenience factor when I got my 950xl phone. Very basic. I do not use the full Outlook app since forever due to issues like this.

That said, you can try ms office repairs under programs and features.

If it is IMAP, you can remove your email account and add it back in. Everything should sync back up.

Your mail profile may be corrupted. Go to control panel, mail32 app. Then profile. Delete that email profile. Create a new one. Open outlook and add your imap account back in.

There could be other causes. Who knows.
Just go with webmail. Been using Gmail and Yahoo and webmail has saved my bacon every time. Works every time. Apps and computer can fail. If they do, I just buy new unit and log into my webmail. No email app settings nor data loss to worry about, ever.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre