Loss of Harddisk memory after W10 update, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lost of Harddisk memory after w10 update

Good morning,

A few days ago I updated my w7 to w10 via the shortcut in the desktop that MS automatically installed.

After the update everything works fine (AutoCAD, edge,...) [Maybe its a bit slower, but not much] .

I have two partitions of 232GB each, in C: I have 70GB free space, that is fine.
My issue comes with D:, I have 200MB (Megabytes) of free space in a partition of 232GB but my files are just 97GB... so I think I literally cant find 135GB of free space.

Some people say windows save the oldest version of the SO just in case you want to roll back, but I suppose that its something around 10-12GB.

I've tried emptying the bin and executing the space liberator program that comes with windows.

What can I do?

Thank you for your help.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lost of Harddisk memory after w10 update

So you're saying there's 135GB worth of space occupied by invisible data? I have never heard of space liberator but have you tried Disk Cleanup?

Also if that doesn't help, try this: Open folder option and enable 'show hidden files' and disable 'hide protected operating system files'. Check your D: partition again, if there are files and folder you don't recognize and not belongs to you, remove them.

Another way to check, download this little program SpaceSniffer, which will sniff the lost disk space with ease. It's a free and portable program, search it on the web.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786