Windows phone mobile networks?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows phone mobile network

Hi

There Finland is 4G network only for data.
2G and 3G is for all usage.

So, What network Windows phone (example Lumia) use for call, if it's are connected to 4G-network?

Where I can choose primary network for call? I will choose 2G, because it has best coverage and it is best network for call.

Why Windows phone doesn't have icon for 2G/3G network and 4G-network? I need it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows phone mobile network

I believe there is a setting to change the highest data speed to be whatever you want it to be. It might be in network, but I'm not 100% sure. You don't have to have at 4G, you can change it to 3G.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Most Windows Phone will use 4G normally and switch to 3G when on phone calls.

Default behavior is using the highest available signal. If there is no 4G coverage, they fall back to 3G, then 2G, maybe 1G then noG.

Also, it does have icons. Depending on the region it'll go LTE, H+ or H, E - 4G, 3G, 2G etc.

Tammybaggins

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

As already said windows phone does have icons to show you which type of network you're using. They're region specific.

As for network switching behaviour VoLTE or 4G voice calls aren't a typical thing as of yet. So the phone will automatically select a different type of network for you when you receive a call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes