Why does it shows it is charging while not connected to a charger?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

For a while my nokia started to show that it is under charging while not connected to any charger. The problem is, that i.e. it is 63% charged when this happens the phone thinks about itself it forever. If I plug onto the charger it does not react, because "it is already under charging". The only option for me to switch off the phone and restart, but after a while this happens again and again.
I already replaced the battery once (of course I did a hard reset before, because I had suspected a system failure, but it did not help), and for 3 weeks it worked normally. Now it started again with the new battery.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, it doesn't sound like a battery issue. It sounds like a hardware problem with the charging circuitry in the phone. Could also be a problem with the USB connector on the phone, but it's hard to tell without a thorough physical inspection.

If it is still under warranty, I'd recommend taking it in for service. If not, and you want to continue using the phone, you may need to pay for service repair on the phone. The other option is to pick up a new phone, as this one may be on the way out if it isn't fixed.

Like I said, it's hard to tell without a thorough physical inspection, so take what I say here with a grain of salt, and best of luck.

If you have any further information you wish to share or further questions about it, you can register for an account and return to this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte