The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I recently got my Lumia 950 and it was a surprise to me that I did not see the HERE maps app in the store. I am wondering if there is any way to import the collection from HERE maps to maps in windows 10 mobile.
    11-20-2015 08:34 PM
    <edit> This has now been rendered moot. Maps App now Imports HERE Collections right inside the App. Simply press the star icon to get started.

NOTE: If you previously used this method, do not bother with the automatic method inside Maps. It does not get you folders, it merely doubles what you have previously imported and you have 2 of everything. </edit>

Hi,

I found this tool and was able to import all collections from Here as Favorites in Bing:

Maps Favorites Importer

If the tool was useful for you, do consider to donate.

Vishnu N
    Open "maps" app ...from there you can download the maps and i find that app way better than Here.
    11-20-2015 08:37 PM
    Here Maps is temporarily incognito in the store, but "Coming Soon"
    11-20-2015 08:53 PM
    Open "maps" app ...from there you can download the maps and i find that app way better than Here.
    I actually agree with you and really like maps. What I want to do is import the collections (hence favorites) off of my Here account.
    11-20-2015 09:00 PM
    How do you sign in to HERE? Via a defunct Nokia Account? Or have you migrated it to a new HERE Account?

I'm not on 10 with phone. Maybe it is a W10M bug?

I sync my collections without issue across Windows 10 laptop, Windows RT tablet and my 8.1 phone. I use the same email address as my Microsoft Account for sign in with HERE, but that should make no never mind.
    11-20-2015 10:25 PM
    How do you sign in to HERE? Via a defunct Nokia Account? Or have you migrated it to a new HERE Account?

I'm not on 10 with phone. Maybe it is a W10M bug?

I sync my collections without issue across Windows 10 laptop, Windows RT tablet and my 8.1 phone. I use the same email address as my Microsoft Account for sign in with HERE, but that should make no never mind.
    I upgraded from the Lumia 635. In that phone I was able to sign in with my Here account and sync my collections since there are Windows 10 apps available for my Windows 10 laptop and Surface. But now I have the Here maps app only in my laptop sums Surface.
    11-20-2015 11:13 PM
    Oh... I missed from HERE to native Win 10 Maps App. My mistake.

That is a good question.

It may take some poking around. On the web (Desktop browser) you can import in Bing Maps which should sync with Maps App. But I can't get Here to export in a format Bing will import. Here will only seem to export html.

capture.png
    11-21-2015 10:51 AM
    Oh... I missed from HERE to native Win 10 Maps App. My mistake.

That is a good question.

It may take some poking around. On the web (Desktop browser) you can import in Bing Maps which should sync with Maps App. But I can't get Here to export in a format Bing will import. Here will only seem to export html.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	478.3 KB 
ID:	117126
    Thank you! I'll try tinkering with their web based maps as you suggested.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-21-2015 11:21 AM
    <edit> This has now been rendered moot. Maps App now Imports HERE Collections right inside the App. Simply press the star icon to get started.

NOTE: If you previously used this method, do not bother with the automatic method inside Maps. It does not get you folders, it merely doubles what you have previously imported and you have 2 of everything. </edit>

Hi,

I found this tool and was able to import all collections from Here as Favorites in Bing:

Maps Favorites Importer

Vishnu N
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 06-22-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: updated info
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-26-2016 03:28 AM
    Hi,

Maps Favorites Importer

Vishnu N

Thanks... We've got a sticky thread for that now: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...favorites.html
    ven07 likes this.
    05-26-2016 09:15 PM