how can I import my collections from HERE maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently got my Lumia 950 and it was a surprise to me that I did not see the HERE maps app in the store. I am wondering if there is any way to import the collection from HERE maps to maps in windows 10 mobile.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

How do you sign in to HERE? Via a defunct Nokia Account? Or have you migrated it to a new HERE Account?

I'm not on 10 with phone. Maybe it is a W10M bug?

I sync my collections without issue across Windows 10 laptop, Windows RT tablet and my 8.1 phone. I use the same email address as my Microsoft Account for sign in with HERE, but that should make no never mind.

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

How do you sign in to HERE? Via a defunct Nokia Account? Or have you migrated it to a new HERE Account?

I'm not on 10 with phone. Maybe it is a W10M bug?

I sync my collections without issue across Windows 10 laptop, Windows RT tablet and my 8.1 phone. I use the same email address as my Microsoft Account for sign in with HERE, but that should make no never mind.

I upgraded from the Lumia 635. In that phone I was able to sign in with my Here account and sync my collections since there are Windows 10 apps available for my Windows 10 laptop and Surface. But now I have the Here maps app only in my laptop sums Surface.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Oh... I missed from HERE to native Win 10 Maps App. My mistake.

That is a good question.

It may take some poking around. On the web (Desktop browser) you can import in Bing Maps which should sync with Maps App. But I can't get Here to export in a format Bing will import. Here will only seem to export html.

Capture.png

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
re:

Oh... I missed from HERE to native Win 10 Maps App. My mistake.

That is a good question.

It may take some poking around. On the web (Desktop browser) you can import in Bing Maps which should sync with Maps App. But I can't get Here to export in a format Bing will import. Here will only seem to export html.

View attachment 117126

Thank you! I'll try tinkering with their web based maps as you suggested.

vishnunn

May 26, 2016
Visit site
re:

<edit> This has now been rendered moot. Maps App now Imports HERE Collections right inside the App. Simply press the star icon to get started.

NOTE: If you previously used this method, do not bother with the automatic method inside Maps. It does not get you folders, it merely doubles what you have previously imported and you have 2 of everything. </edit>

Hi,

I found this tool and was able to import all collections from Here as Favorites in Bing:

Maps Favorites Importer

If the tool was useful for you, do consider to donate.

Vishnu N

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon