In windows phone data connection there is no option for only 3G?

W

WPCentral Question

In lumia 535 there is no option for only 3G in data connection, for that I am unable to use 3G , only option is highest connection speed in which I choose 3G but still 2G network showing and speed very slow. So please give only 3G option in windows 8.1 or 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
If you select "3G" to be the highest connection speed but your phone goes back to 2G (or E), then it appears that there is no compatible 3G coverage in the area where your phone is currently in. Forcing your phone to go to 3G only will either result is loss of connection or rapid battery drain. Check with your mobile service provider if 3G connection is supported in your area. Also, check with them if they support the band frequencies which the Lumia 535 supports - this can be seen in the Microsoft website depending on what Lumia 535 variant you have.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

Bibhash Datta

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
in lumia 535 its support the band but not frequently. In the same place sometime I found 3G and Sometime 2G, but my room-mate have HTC 620G and he is doing 3G continuously without any lag and we both are using same network connection. So If there is only 3G option then I also can use 3G. Otherwise its no use of Lumia mobile. So Mr. Microsoft please update it as soon as possible.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Two things:
1. In your first sentence, did you really mean "but not frequently" or "but not the same frequency"?
2. We are not Microsoft. This is a forum, empowered and driven by enthusiasts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven