Why does Outlook on WP 10586 lack the critial option to create new folders in your mail account?

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have Outlook on my Iphone 6 for work and the app provides for the ability to create folders as I organize my mail. I have my personal Windows Phone with Outlook mail and the inability for create folders. Why would the iOS have better features and this is a must have for those of us on the road.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone app was finished a while back, before Microsoft bought it and renamed the app Outlook. It was created by another developer that Microsoft bought out.

Microsoft then started to work on porting it to Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile as a universal app, and it isn't yet completed.

Once it is complete, new features will be coming to Windows first in the future, as will be the case with all of Microsoft apps for Windows 10. For now, it will just take a while to catch up with the features.

It is coming.

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
At this point I have gone back to my IPhone basically for two main reasons. Outlook for the feature I mentioned above plus the inability to search you calendar. Ok it's coming but the iOS is a far better experience with Outlook. Personally I don't want to manage my email on a desktop and phone they should work the same on both ends. With the launch of the 950XL you think that this would be a given. Also, on the mail app on the desktop in Win 10 you can not create folders in the app. This is clearly an oversight. I'm on the road a lot and the phone for mail is my primary driver. In the meantime I'll keep testing "WP 10" it not really ready in my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof