Windows Mobile 10: Exchange ActiveSync Wipe on Dual SIM

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Windows Mobile 10 Lumia 950 Dual SIM. I would like to use the phone with both a personal and a corporate SIM, using a personal Exchange account and a corporate Exchange account.

However, there is an Exchange Active Sync policy that can perform a remote wipe of the device. What is the scope of the wipe if my corporation decides to wipe my device (for whatever reasons). Does it delete everything (including pictures, data on SD card, ...), or only data associated with the corporate Exchange account?

Thank you!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on your corporation's InTune settings for wiping a device.

You might want to read

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676679.aspx

For more information, which may prompt you to ask your IT department for it's wipe policy.

I have the same set up on my phone - I have an O365 Business Plan account on my phone and also have it connected to my corporate Exchange account. The corporate account wins in terms of security (I have to have a more complex PIN).

I don't know whether the SD card would be included in a full device wipe or not, but if the card has been encrypted as part of your corporate policy, it'll be wiped as well.

In any case, I'd advise you to refer to your IT department/Exchange administrator for further information.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720