How do you undo/remove this phone companion screen?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

By error when ready to impost my photos from my camera I pressed this phone companion ,I have no iPhone or android phone, I just want to be able to import my photos from my camera without the screen going to this phone companion it is driving my crazy . Can anyone tell how to go back ro regular import phonto and see them in my gallery. HELP>>

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your device is being mistakenly recognized as a phone...

Use this tool: View any installed/connected USB device on your system Right click the .exe and Run as Administrator

Search your USB drivers and remove any that seem like they attach to the camera. You may have to examine the Last Plug/Unplug dates to help you decide.

Once you purge the drivers, then plug back in and let the drivers add a fresh copy and stay away from the phone companion deal. Just use File Explorer.

pou1934

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for getting back to me. I followed your instruction and uninstall the device re: to my camera
but when I plucg again to import the phone companion comes up again. Did I do something wrong?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Darn...

OK.

Open Settings > in the search box type "autoplay" > click the "autoplay settings" result > scroll the lists and find the device > set the default for "take no action"

Let me know if that makes a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077