Windows 8X. Cant get apps from store. Error message. No one seems to be able to help

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

So as usual my ex husband promised my daughter something he didn't deliver. He had said for over 6 months he was going to get her a phone. Finally did. (said he had to wait to add her, turns out it's Prepaid, lol) Then says he is going to get her into a new phone he bought which was an actual smart phone (8X) as apposed to her basic one. Months later it finally arrives. I activate it (wasnt new, it was his gmas old one on another carrier) and no matter what I do it gives me an error message once it tries to have me sign in, in order to download off the app store.

1. He didnt think to call and inform AT&T about her switching phones. Obviously kind of important. So that has been done.
2. He never verified her email since she is underage. Thats done as well.
3. All the APN setting were wipped so i called to get those. She does finally get MMS.
4. Took into the store and also talked with tech support for ATT about 10xs.
5. Ive tried multiple other emails that have been used for years and still will not allow it.

Im at a loss and this poor girl has been waiting months for this to get straightened out. Of course dad wont help or bother so I really dont know what else to do.

This is the error message: " Can't connect, We're having a problem signing in. Make sure you have good reception. If you do, the problem may be on the other end. Wait a little while and try again."

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Let's rule out reception as an issue. Are you on Wi-Fi? I'd try on Wi-Fi to make sure it's not the carrier that's causing the problem. What carrier are you using? Second, you have to use a legit Microsoft account to access the store. Outlook.com, hotmail.com, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills