Hey all. I will be honest, I use to be a computer wizard and with a change in careers, I got nothing now.

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. I was away and last used my computer about a week ago. My desktop with icons will not show up when I click the Windows button either in the bottom left of the screen, or on my keyboard. I just get the screen when you sign on that has all of the tiles (start screen I guess it's called?). I really want my desktop back with all of my icons, but it doesn't go back to that anymore. I click the button and it does nothing. If I have my browser open, I don't even have a taskbar anymore.

Pretty much, I want my desktop with taskbar back... and I have no idea why it's gone. Did an update get rid of it or something?

Please help! I use my computer for full time college classes and for work as I am a supervisor of a veterinary clinic.

Thank you!!!
    01-04-2016 01:46 PM
    Swipe from the right to bring up the action centre and check whether you are in tablet mode or not.
    01-04-2016 01:51 PM
    EDIT: Oops, forget what I said, I read wrong.

Press the WIndows key + D to show the desktop. then check the Action Center in the bottom right of the taskbar and see if tablet mode is enabled.
    01-04-2016 01:52 PM