Why did Microsoft shut down portions of Onedrive without notice?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After approximately 3.5 hours of problem solving, 2 on my own, 1.5 with the microsoft support staff to solve the fact that I could not fetch files remotely with one drive from my computers, the tech informed me that the file fetching feature had been shut down several days ago.

There was no notice to me as a user. The tech did not know until she had wasted an enormous amount of time for both of us and apparently asked the right person.

I use file fetching to access my desktop at work remotely, a service Microsoft touts as part of a service I PAY for. It seems reasonable they would at least let users know that the feature is out of commission and that there is no date for a restart of the service.

To add insult to injury, the update that stopped the service was done automatically.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear…

This is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

For any specific information beyond what Microsoft has given you via support... Our blog might post a story. This is the first I've heard of it, though the blog writers are far more "plugged in." Except right now they are all hands on deck at CES 2016.

Sorry.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon