Why isn't my phone connecting to my laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my phone is not connecting to my laptop

My phone is only charging when i connect it by my laptop and no option will appear.

Mike Newport

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: my phone is not connecting to my laptop

Check to make sure you are using a Usb 3.0 port my Lumia 1020 had the same issue on all recent builds of w10mobile preview, my solution was to go to device manager or control panel if it is not coming up in device manager and go.to it's properties tab and uninstall the driver,unplug the phone from the usb, then plug it back in usb port and let it reinstall driver and if it does not pick it up when you plug it back after uninstalling the driver try soft reset as well that always works for my Asus notebook, last resort if all of these fail(mine did)you can hard reset, don't sign in and once your back at home screen you can go sign in and your pc will definitely recognize it as a windows phone Usb device. Only thing is hard reset erases data but I always back mine up so no issues for me.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Restart both your phone and PC then try again. I experience this one in a while. Restarting both devices fixes it for me.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

This appears to be a case-to-case scenario. The two posts above may work, but these may not always work for everyone. In my case for example, when my Lumia 1020 couldn't be recognized by my PC, I simply unplug it and plug it again - no restarting of devices needed (although I used to do that before and it also worked in case unplugging and plugging won't work).

Also try using a different USB port and USB cable - make sure that it is a data cable.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs