NightMare! Please Please HELP!

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I had my 640XL running 8.1 hard reset, and now few apps dont work properly at all. The same used to work very well before I had done the reset.

Here are some things I notice:
THE INTERNET IS ON AND CONNECTED.

1. Flipboard and Flipkart app displays"CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET"
2. Redbus app will not let me log in through facebook and google.
3. Foodpanda throws an exception error while choosing the location.
4. Paytm and Myntra crash after launch
5. Quizup will authorize me but wont proceed after that displaying "Cannot connect"
6. Truecaller displays "Unknown error" when i click "Getstarted"

ALL THESE APPS PERFECTLY WORKED BEFORE THE RESET.

I tried repeating the same with mobile network and the apps behave the same way. I am not sure, if any more apps also would fall prey.

I have tried MASTER RESET and have started fresh without backup restore and tried installing flipboard and launching it again, but in VAIN!.

Anyone could please guide me? These are very important apps for me:cry:

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I had my 640XL running 8.1 hard reset, and now few apps dont work properly at all. The same used to work very well before I had done the reset.

Here are some things I notice:
THE INTERNET IS ON AND CONNECTED.

1. Flipboard and Flipkart app displays"CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET"
2. Redbus app will not let me log in through facebook and google.
3. Foodpanda throws an exception error while choosing the location.
4. Paytm and Myntra crash after launch
5. Quizup will authorize me but wont proceed after that displaying "Cannot connect"
6. Truecaller displays "Unknown error" when i click "Getstarted"

ALL THESE APPS PERFECTLY WORKED BEFORE THE RESET.

I tried repeating the same with mobile network and the apps behave the same way. I am not sure, if any more apps also would fall prey.

I have tried MASTER RESET and have started fresh without backup restore and tried installing flipboard and launching it again, but in VAIN!.

Anyone could please guide me? These are very important apps for me:cry:

windows device recovery tool

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - India

Achyut Arjun

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
It displays the software in my device is same as that of available in server. Still, gives me an option to reinstall the software? Should I proceed?

I guess you should reinstall. That might help. If even that didn't help, go to Microsoft care centre, and they'll make it right.
Once I used the windows insider app and I got to the worse insider build (probably build 10080) and it was damn too buggy, and I tried resetting and lost every data I had on my phone, there was just the IE, couldn't even make calls (I could receive though), there wasn't the store app, no option to open the settings, it was a total ****ed up situation, I tried the device recovery tool, but even if it downloaded the software files, error was shown that it cannot be installed, and only Nokia Care store guys could reinstall 8.1, and it's working normally!

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Just finished reinstalling the software through recovery.

Should I now follow the normal set up process?

I m just praying that it should work. Put internet money downloading that huge package and effort/time into this. Still, wouldn't avoid blaming me to have tried the latest insider build(thought everything would be alright as the reviews said bug FREE!)

I guess you should reinstall. That might help. If even that didn't help, go to Microsoft care centre, and they'll make it right.
Once I used the windows insider app and I got to the worse insider build (probably build 10080) and it was damn too buggy, and I tried resetting and lost every data I had on my phone, there was just the IE, couldn't even make calls (I could receive though), there wasn't the store app, no option to open the settings, it was a total ****ed up situation, I tried the device recovery tool, but even if it downloaded the software files, error was shown that it cannot be installed, and only Nokia Care store guys could reinstall 8.1, and it's working normally!

Flipboard works as of now.! Logs in perfect as earlier. Checking with other apps.

Thanks a ton :) Abhishek and Achyuth. Shall keep posted

Hey. Thanks! Now works perfect and all apps are quiet good and runs smooth. This re install not only fixed the above issues but also had fixed the truecaller issue on 640xl(not showing the live called id) and also,device frequently hanging issue. Was cursing the 640XL to be so buggy after i bought it. Now it seems to be doing great. Being a frequent traveler, paytm and redbus apps where i get most offers gave me a attack.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon