Why does my front camera have no light and focus to get the clear picture?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why Front Camera Have no light and focus to get the clear picture?

Like Android Making Device Companies e.g. Huawei has introduced that in their HONOR-6 the feature of flash light in front camera to get the selfie picture as good as compare to many cell phones in night...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That isn't available on many phones. It's not something you can just add on after the fact.

If that feature is important to you, you would have to purchase a phone that had it built in.

I'm afraid there is no magic button we can point you to to reveal that as a "hidden" feature on your current phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why?

Well let me rattle off some potential thoughts on it...

- Cost
Adding the hardware, even an LED on the front can add to the price of developing and making the device.
Again, adding a focus to the front camera costs money, in addition to the focus-equipped rear shooting.
Might not be by much, but it can add up and is taken into consideration.

- Practicality/value
Will it bring enough value for the buyer to care? Doesn't seem like it thus far. Like the iPhone simply flashes its display.

Again, considering most selfies are at a close range, a fixed focus camera can be "good enough" since it doesn't need to be as versatile as the rear camera.
Adding a focus also uses up more space, which can be at a premium in a phone. (see camera humps on many devices)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6