Samsung Emoji's Not Working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Samsung Emoji's Not Working

SO When I get messages from my girlfriend (She owns a samsung android based phone), the emoji's always come in as a "??" Does anyone know why? How to fix it? I am currently on a Lumia 640, running W10 Mobile, Slow Ring.

Any help would be appreciated!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
So ehm I'm wondering if you actually mean emoji's or just emoticons? because there is a difference :winktongue:

Don't know the difference between emoji and emoticons? Let me explain | Technology | The Guardian

Onto the problem. The only thing that I can come up with, is that the emoji's she's trying to send aren't supported on w10? maybe try standard ones? like a simple smile? There are also websites which show you the difference on each platform (think I saw WP once, but not sure)

In any case if the simple smile doesn't work then we have a cause for panic, but if it does.. well we can only wait for support in that case

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon