Why do I need to reconnect to the internet every single time I leave my PC for - like - 5 minutes?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why do I need to reconnect to the internet every single time I leave my PC for - like- 5 minutes? This has only begun to happen since downloading Windows 10. Not only that, but it requires me turning off my wireless router and turning it back on again.

Also - nearly everything on my PC is now running much more slowly than it was prior to downloading Windows 10.

I'm sure techies out there will say "Oh, you need a different router", or "Oh, you can fix that by some convoluted Network management routine"... But my point is I shouldn't need to! How can these so-called "upgrades" (which are effectively forced upon us) change the way our devices work without warning us?

If I can't download an upgrade and have ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING work EXACTLY the way it did before the upgrade, Bill Gates owes me at least $1 million.

PS: The captcha I just had to answer asked me to select all images with a river - but two of them were clearly LAKES!! Aaaggghhhh!!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Why do I need to reconnect to the internet every single time I leave my PC for - like- 5 minutes? This has only begun to happen since downloading Windows 10. Not only that, but it requires me turning off my wireless router and turning it back on again.

Also - nearly everything on my PC is now running much more slowly than it was prior to downloading Windows 10.

I'm sure techies out there will say "Oh, you need a different router", or "Oh, you can fix that by some convoluted Network management routine"... But my point is I shouldn't need to! How can these so-called "upgrades" (which are effectively forced upon us) change the way our devices work without warning us?

If I can't download an upgrade and have ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING work EXACTLY the way it did before the upgrade, Bill Gates owes me at least $1 million.

PS: The captcha I just had to answer asked me to select all images with a river - but two of them were clearly LAKES!! Aaaggghhhh!!!!

after downloading windows 10, was it installed successfully? Are all apps updated? Are there any pending updates? Perhaps OS updates or driver updates. For slow working of the pc, maybe there are a number of apps that are running in the background that shouldn't be running?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3