Icon, ATIV SE, or HTC One M8...Which one to buy?

dlowe23

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I need a 5" screen, but Verizon limits my Windows Phone options. I've studied the pros and cons of each, but would like some advice from people who have used these before making my decision. Thanks in advance!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Went from a Lumia 928 (which I'm actually typing this on) on Verizon to the Icon.

Overall, I would say it underperforms my expectations. I've had it since late summer 2014.

The camera, while pretty stellar for outdoor shots, struggles indoors, especially compared to the freak 928 (best as I can tell - 925 sensor, 920 lens, 1020 flash). It's just older tech with LED flash, and that's not a compliment.

The battery was average, maybe, at best when I first had it. More like mediocre, but aww, trying to be nice. :p It's taken a big dump recently on battery life so I might be looking into a replacement and how to DIY that.

Outside of that...ehhhh. Qi! Qi! Qi! Oh, and the speaker is really quiet, at least on mine.

I seem to recall Samsung's having issues with updates at times? Definitely wait for official ones or for other guinea pigs I guess.

The HTC seemed pretty popular, at leat if you know what you are getting into, camera wise (lower-red).

By the end of this year though I'll likely be off VZW. Probably toting my 808 around on prepaid, put the wife on an N82 or something. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon