Lumia 950 XL screen issue please help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey guys been a while I replied here. I just recently got myself a Lumia 950 xl from B&H and love it upgraded from a Lumia 640. But I notice a problem when ever I make a call or receive a call or check my virtual voicemail or when I use WhatsApp while on call my screen turns off even when the phone not up to my face so I have to push the power button to turn the screen on. I don't know if it has to do with having a tampered glass protector or what. Im running the latest Production of Windows Mobile 10 and have the newest firmware update. But I cant seem to figure out what is causing this can anyone help me out on this maybe there something I don't know or is it a firmware or OS problem with the Lumia 950 XL ? Everything else works fine on the phone though no problems overall. :) thanks for any help or advice.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Can you test it at the place where you bought it from? So the sellers can see the issue and give you a solution

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your screen protector should likely have a cutout so that the proximity sensor is not covered.

Try cleaning all possible areas on the top bezel to be sure. Possibly test without the TG screen protector. In my experience it should stick again if you want to try taking it off. Put it sticky side down on a (clean!) piece of parchment paper or plastic film to keep the dust off the adhesive. Reattach under clean conditions.

Lastly, B&H has a very good reputation for in-house warranty should you be unable to solve this issue.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys for the response i just joined the site and it was the tampered glass screen protector that was sitting right on the proximity sadly there was no way to move the tampered glass away from it :( So I just toss it in the trash. What a waste of 3 bucks I got it on mobilefun was on sale there. Anyway I also posted on the introduction page. Thanks again for being so helpful :D I appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar