I want to install windows 8.1 on a new laptop that has windows 10 (64) home on it

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I don't want to use windows 10, I bought a new laptop that has windows 10 64 bit home edition. I want to remove windows 10 and install 8.1

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You will have to purchase a licensed copy of 8.1 and install it. There is no copy of 8.1 on your machine to "revert" to.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
No. This is very unlikely not supported. This means that sure, you might be able to do it, but you may not be able to get proper drivers and the manufacturer/ Microsoft may not offer you technical support. In addition, you would need to acquire the Windows 8.1 media and license. That's from a technical and supportability perspective.
From a personal perspective I would say don't take a step backward; Windows 10 is fairly easy to learn and is extremely secure. Installing Windows 8.1 on your new laptop is akin to buying a corvette, ripping the engine out and replacing it with a Cavalier engine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre