Why is my iPhone 4s losing battery very quickly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Why is my I phone 4s losing battery very quickly

I play my games and the next thing you know it the battery is 20% low.

Ad_Man_Gamer

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my I phone 4s losing battery very quickly

That is just how things are when you play games on a phone. The GPU is very power hungry as well as your display. Having both running constantly will drain your battery in no time. You can try turning your display brightness down while playing and that could help a bit.

There is another thing. If you have had your 4s for a while and you make a habit of playing games daily, the Li-Ion battery would of degraded over time with all the high power draw and recharging.

The best thing you can do to extend the life of a Li-Ion battery is only charging the phone with a good quality 1a 5v charger, Instead of the 1.5a or 2a chargers that come with the phone.

You also want to avoid deep charge cycles (running the phone dead and then recharging it.) This is because when a battery is flat, it will have a big power draw to start off with until it gets to be around 30%-40% charge and this high draw rate is also another thing that can degrade Li-Ion batteries. Try and make a habit of charging your phone when you can in small bursts.

There is a rumor that doing this will cause capacity amnesia, but this comes from the days of NiCd batteries and power draw monitoring chargers that would mistake voltage drops in old NiCd batteries as a sign that it is fully charged. However, they have different chemistry than Li-Ion and does not apply in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon