I used to be able to use voice recognition in the text messaging app. It went away. Why?
    05-11-2016 12:33 PM
    You are looking at (hopefully) a glitch or a bug.

I have it in my Messaging App and elsewhere.

To be sure, do you not see it after tapping the input field? It should be right above the keyboard in the left hand corner.

Try a Soft Reset. Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). Soft Reset is a great go-to to solve many types of glitch.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you may need to make a backup and reset your phone...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    You are looking at (hopefully) a glitch or a bug.

I have it in my Messaging App and elsewhere.

To be sure, do you not see it after tapping the input field? It should be right above the keyboard in the left hand corner.

Try a Soft Reset. Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds). Soft Reset is a great go-to to solve many types of glitch.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you may need to make a backup and reset your phone...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    05-11-2016 02:23 PM
    I believe there is a setting in the Settings app to disable the Microphone icon. Make sure that's not disabled.

Sent from mTalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-11-2016 02:31 PM