sd card scan error

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

every time i shut down and and start my windows phone 8.1(lumia 535). i get a scan and fix errors in sd card message . if i give yes , it scans for a while and then everything is normal .... if i give no still its fine .. but when ever i shut down and start i get this message. if i connect to my pc and try to scan it says windows cant read the disk

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question
every time i shut down and and start my windows phone 8.1(lumia 535). i get a scan and fix errors in sd card message . if i give yes , it scans for a while and then everything is normal .... if i give no still its fine .. but when ever i shut down and start i get this message. if i connect to my pc and try to scan it says windows cant read the disk

This, unfortunately, occurs on many phones. My 950xl did it last night. Some say its the SD card, some say it isn't, some say its SD card speed, but like you mine happens without warning! I have never gotten to the bottom of it. I'm on the latest W10 mobile build, and admittedly, it doesn't happen as often, but its still there.

Sorry I cant be of more help but why not join the site and have access to a wealth of information. The 535 has its own thread, which is quite busy, and SD card workarounds are there for you to try.

jeriels

May 12, 2016
Visit site
this message comes only when i shut down and start my phone . otherwise data on sd card reads fine and there is no problem...
shall i leave as such or would you recommend me to do something?

thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
this message comes only when i shut down and start my phone . otherwise data on sd card reads fine and there is no problem...
shall i leave as such or would you recommend me to do something?

thanks

It seems to be a bug in current builds. My SD cards continue to function fine at this time and I get this same "error" on a boot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs