Surface Book: multiple issues?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I open the Surface Book, it usually goes on instantly but from time to time (after I put it to sleep for a long time, like several hours, during the night,...), when opening it, the screen stays black, and after a while (5-10 sec) I see the Surface Logo, and after a 10 more seconds, I can see the login screen.

What happens ? Why doesn't it isn't consistent ?

Note that it's not related to the battery that's enough charged everytime.

W

Windows Central Question

Surface Book: trackpad scrolling problems

When using Edge, scrolling with two fingers on the trakpad works very well. However with other apps, like Chrome, it is inconsistent, sometimes it works great, but after a while, scrolling doesn't work correctly, or lags. And sometimes it just doesn't work at all (using two fingers to scroll does nothing).

Not that using the scrollbar works as it should so it isn't a performance issue but seems to be related to the trackpad/other apps.

Anyone having the same issue ?

W

Windows Central Question

Surface Book: battery goes down too fast ?

I just received my brand new Surface Book and the battery seems to go down very fast.

First, it took 3+ hours to get fully charged. And then, when closing the lid (without any app running), it seems to loose lots of battery, at least 3% per hour. Of course, when the screen is on, the battery drains a lot faster (even when plugged into the dock it seemed to loose some battery, depending on what I was doing).

Does it look normal ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged. These issues all appear to be from one user as they were posted back to back. If this is an error, I apologize. However, creating multiple threads on your issue(s) actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

IMHO, the first step is making sure your system has all updates installed. Out of the box, these were common concerns with Surface Book. Microsoft issued many fixes for Surface Book to address these concerns and others.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Nicolas Ramz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for joining the threads: I wasn't sure if I needed to ask a specific question for each problem or not.

As for the updates: I have installed all available Windows 10 updates, as well as all apps updates which were available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss