Fingerprint Reader in Type Cover very often "dead"

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I very often (maybe 50%) have the case that the finger print reader in the type cover does not react, i.e. if I set my finger on the sensor, nothing at all happens - no login, no error messages, absolutely nothing. I then always need to login using PIN or password.

Any idea, why that is so? Since in such cases I can enter characters on the keyboard the type cover obviously has power and is active. But the finger print readers seems inactive and does not log me in. Is there anything one can do to wake it up before tapping it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I very often (maybe 50%) have the case that the finger print reader in the type cover does not react, i.e. if I set my finger on the sensor, nothing at all happens - no login, no error messages, absolutely nothing. I then always need to login using PIN or password.

Any idea, why that is so? Since in such cases I can enter characters on the keyboard the type cover obviously has power and is active. But the finger print readers seems inactive and does not log me in. Is there anything one can do to wake it up before tapping it?

could the sensor be dirty? You could try cleaning with a soft cloth, like those used for spectacles. You could also see if you can it to where you bought the cover from for the technicians to check it

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes