Text notification. Lumia 640 LTE. Windows10 mobile.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
Text message live tile is not updating when text message received. Have tried resetting everything, deleted old tile new one in. Looked at all the settings too, no sound notification as well. Was working fine a few weeks ago. Any ideas, many thanks. Drew.

Last edited:

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
go to settings > privacy > background apps > scroll through the list of apps that can run in background and check for messaging. Is it enabled or disabled? Enable it

Well blow me - it was disabled along with a host of other stuff! Thank you very much for your help and advice. If it cures the problem I'll check back here and let you know - cheers, drew.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Well blow me - it was disabled along with a host of other stuff! Thank you very much for your help and advice. If it cures the problem I'll check back here and let you know - cheers, drew.

disable those you don't need running in background. An app running in background means an additional drain on the battery, maybe by 1% per day to 1% per minute depending on the app.

andrew bainbridge

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
disable those you don't need running in background. An app running in background means an additional drain on the battery, maybe by 1% per day to 1% per minute depending on the app.
Your advice has worked! Brilliant! I'd have never known to look there. And yes, switch off unnecessary apps, problem is with that, is that I don't know how apps interact with each other - switching one off may hinder another? Anyway, Messages is working again. Thank you very much Chintan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes