lumia 640 windows10 upgrade

Masonghale252

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I am having difficulty upgrading my Lumia 640 with AT&T to Windows 10 from 8.1. I have tried various methods, such as the Insider preview program, upgrade advisor app, and developers preview program. After so many failed attempts I haven't made much progress toward actually upgrading the OS.
Here are the details of the problems with each method: when using the upgrade advisor app I receive a message saying "I'm eligible for the upgrade and they are working with my mobile carrier and manufacturer to make it available for my phone and that I will receive a notification once it becomes available"
Using the windows Insider preview app; I signed up for The Insider program and my phone is compatible for the preview, however; when entering the app, and clicking the get previews button I receive an error message saying "check your network connection and date/time settings and try again" **I provided a photo of the message
I have also tried the developers preview program, by registering an account then downloading the app which is similar to The Insider preview. This installed an update but I'm not sure what it did. I've also tried hard resetting the phone uninstalling apps and deleting unnecessary files to clear up storage space. I'm using Wi-Fi instead of mobile data because I dont have a data plan just talk and text, im begining to think that may have something to do with it. I have researched all forums and information I have been able to find but I have discovered there is very little information available for this problem. If anyone knows of any solutions that may help resolve this problem please respond. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20170424_165739.jpg
    20170424_165739.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 22

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Wi-Fi instead of mobile data because I dont have a data plan just talk and text, im begining to think that may have something to do with it.
Hi, this shouldn't matter and WiFi is best to use for updates.
Is there a different Wifi point you can use?
Can you reboot your router to see if it makes any difference.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I think you should reinstall Windows Phone 8.1 using WDRT (Windows Device Recovery Tool) and when you have a fresh install of WP8.1 you should be able to proceed with the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade.

This happened to my Lumia 1520 before, this method worked for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99