A few months back after some update my phone live tile disappeared from my home screen and I can't seem to get it back. I've tried hard reset, or even factory settings today. its so annoying to go to "all apps" type ph and click "phone" just to make a call.
    Its making me nuts, please help!
    05-30-2016 02:39 PM
    This is a rare bug I have not seen traced to a source yet, seems to only have 2-3 reports before you: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...tart-page.html

The solution seems to be Reset without restoring backup.

Go to "all apps" hold your finger on the "Phone" app and select "Pin to start".
    The quoted solution doesn't work. The system thinks the App is pinned, but there is zero way to access it and it won't offer "pin to start" as the system believes the App is already there.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    Orlando Parkinson likes this.
    05-31-2016 06:01 AM
    This is a rare bug I have not seen traced to a source yet, seems to only have 2-3 reports before you: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...tart-page.html

The solution seems to be Reset without restoring backup.

The quoted solution doesn't work. The system thinks the App is pinned, but there is zero way to access it and it won't offer "pin to start" as the system believes the App is already there.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    05-31-2016 11:24 AM