WhatsApp increasing video file sizes

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that whenever I send videos on WhatsApp, especially larger than 16mb, WhatsApp increases their sizes exponentially. For instance, if I send a 20mb file, it "re-encodes" it or whatever and on the recipient, the file is around 60+ Mb. Sometimes the files go over 100mb and WhatsApp gives me an error that the file is corrupt or something.
Anyone encountered that or is it just me?
Is there a way of making sure WhatsApp doesn't increase the file sizes?
And another thing, i hate that there's no file picker/browser for videos on WhatsApp, so i have to share the files from file browser as WhatsApp cannot "see" all the video files on my device

Sent from my Certified Fr3sh Lumia 1520!

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that whenever I send videos on WhatsApp, especially larger than 16mb, WhatsApp increases their sizes exponentially. For instance, if I send a 20mb file, it "re-encodes" it or whatever and on the recipient, the file is around 60+ Mb. Sometimes the files go over 100mb and WhatsApp gives me an error that the file is corrupt or something.
Anyone encountered that or is it just me?
Is there a way of making sure WhatsApp doesn't increase the file sizes?
And another thing, i hate that there's no file picker/browser for videos on WhatsApp, so i have to share the files from file browser as WhatsApp cannot "see" all the video files on my device

Sent from my Certified Fr3sh Lumia 1520!

That's history Whatsapp cannot see Videos without a file browser... maybe in the next UWA update
I knew limit is always 16 MB so WA cut video

Charliefr3sh

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
That's history Whatsapp cannot see Videos without a file browser... maybe in the next UWA update
I knew limit is always 16 MB so WA cut video

Well, it doesn't cut the video nor does it reduce the size to be less than 16mb. It actually INCREASES the size of the video and can send up to a 100mb per video file. Sometimes even a 16,1mb video file is increased to ~50mb before sending. I've tested a lot of video files and it's always the same....the file size increases instead of decreasing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes