Why is messaging and phone apps not working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello,

I have a lumia 930 running on windows 10 build 9031.16 (02540.00019.15053.26000). Since yesterday the phone, people and messaging app would not work, which prevents me from looking at my contacts, sending and receiving texts and making calls. Whenever I open any of those apps, they would crash within 5 seconds or less and then close rapidly. For the messaging app a Loading screen appears and then it kicks me out from there. For the phone app I can access the dialer, but that's it. I cannot see my call log or favorite contacts. For the people app it shows the search bar and then it crashes. I have tried to restart my phone quite a few times as well as soft resets, however, none of these worked. Everything was working fine before and I am not in the insider program. Does someone else have the same problem or has had it? How can I solve this?

I would greatly appreciate a prompt answer as my work depends on receiving texts and making calls.

Thanks in advance

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Since the restarts and soft resets haven't helped, I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest is a hard reset.

Did you ever do a hard reset when you updated your phone to Windows 10? Doing so usually clears out most of the problems that people have encountered. The upgrade from 8.1 to 10 can leave some files and/or data behind that can cause issues, so doing a hard reset will clear out the old OS files and leave you with just the latest version.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a lumia 930 running on windows 10 build 9031.16 (02540.00019.15053.26000). Since yesterday the phone, people and messaging app would not work, which prevents me from looking at my contacts, sending and receiving texts and making calls. Whenever I open any of those apps, they would crash within 5 seconds or less and then close rapidly. For the messaging app a Loading screen appears and then it kicks me out from there. For the phone app I can access the dialer, but that's it. I cannot see my call log or favorite contacts. For the people app it shows the search bar and then it crashes. I have tried to restart my phone quite a few times as well as soft resets, however, none of these worked. Everything was working fine before and I am not in the insider program. Does someone else have the same problem or has had it? How can I solve this?

I would greatly appreciate a prompt answer as my work depends on receiving texts and making calls.

Thanks in advance

can you check what OS build version you're on? You can check in settings > system > about >OS build. You should be having 10586.420
And have you checked for updates for the apps in store? there might have been pending updates

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos