no 2g option in lumia 930 in highest connection speed

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi

i have lumia 930, and don't have 2g option in sim settings, please help to resolve this issue, i have tried different roms (global black) with recovery tool but no success
i have upgraded to windows 10 but no success, still have only 3g/4g option

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't show in the options on my Lumia 930 either.
I don't think it is possible.
Is there a reason why you are trying to change to 2G?

Please sign up to the Windows Central forums, so that you can reply to this thread.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't show in the options on my Lumia 930 either.
I don't think it is possible.
Is there a reason why you are trying to change to 2G?

Please sign up to the Windows Central forums, so that you can reply to this thread.
I use 2G most of the time so I use less data and slower battery drain, especially for whatsapp

According to gsmarena, it is supposed to have the 2G option

hi
the reason i want 2g is, in my network i have only 2g/4g but no 3g
and when 4g signals drops i have no network because of no 2g option

check with your telcom whether your SIM is faulty or does not have 2G option

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
2g option is not present in my sim settings, i have cleared that before, i have only 3g/4g in drop down , in highest connection speed

I don't know why I didn't think of this before

You've said you don't have 3G, that's fine. You can still select 3G option in the options and get 2G signal. The highest connection speed is just that, the highest it can go. So if you select 4G, your phone can get 4g or 3G or 2G depending on what is available. Similarly, if you select 3G it will select the highest that is available - either 3G or 2G.

Since in your case 3G is not there at all, your connection speed will drop to 2G even if you have selected 3G
So you can comfortably use the 3G connection speed. I know this from experience as I have sometimes selected 4G but I get 2G

ubaid lodhi

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
my friend as there is no 2g option ,my phone is unable to search 2g network and not connecting to any 2g network
2goptionmissing.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss