Edge keeps shutting itself down when trying to go to one of the website's on my favorite list. I've tried numerous attempts w/different websites and the results are the same. I've even typed a website in the "search bar" and again same thing happens.

Also the search icon on the task bar lower left hand side of the computer has also stopped working. Is this connected to Edge somehow. Is there an update or a fix for the edge browser? I've looked in the community forum and I didn't find anything to help me.
    07-05-2016 07:19 PM
    If both edge and search aren't working them is probably some form of OS corruption try the usual stuff in that case:

DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

Follow the steps and use the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to fix windows component that are corrupted
    and

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

the SFC /SCANNOW to check windows system files that could have been modified, both in cmd, but just follow the instructions on those pages
    If both edge and search aren't working them is probably some form of OS corruption try the usual stuff in that case:

DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

Follow the steps and use the Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command to fix windows component that are corrupted
    and

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

the SFC /SCANNOW to check windows system files that could have been modified, both in cmd, but just follow the instructions on those pages
    07-05-2016 09:35 PM