Why can I send/attach images to anything?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am currently using a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE / Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 with the network provider EE and use a 64gb SD care.

For some reason over the last couple of months I have noticed I cannot attached Photos/Images from my phone to emails/Facebook/Photo editors/SMS messages.

I can only send them via Whatsapp and this is really starting to annoy me as the only way round it is to send it to my girlfirends phone via whatsapp then get her to edit the photo for me or send me it back in an email attachment if I want to then send it on elsewhere.

Any ideas why this could be happening?...

Much appreciated!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE / Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 with the network provider EE and use a 64gb SD care.

For some reason over the last couple of months I have noticed I cannot attached Photos/Images from my phone to emails/Facebook/Photo editors/SMS messages.

I can only send them via Whatsapp and this is really starting to annoy me as the only way round it is to send it to my girlfirends phone via whatsapp then get her to edit the photo for me or send me it back in an email attachment if I want to then send it on elsewhere.

Any ideas why this could be happening?...

Much appreciated!

have you considered upgrading your phone to windows 10 mobile?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Kenzie1990

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Chintan!

Not sure how I actually go about upgrading to Windows 10?...

I'm normally an I-Phone guy but switched a few months back and still getting my head around things!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Chintan!

Not sure how I actually go about upgrading to Windows 10?...

I'm normally an I-Phone guy but switched a few months back and still getting my head around things!

Windows 10 mobile is an upgrade and has additional features and better support than the older 8.1

How to get it:
Before doing anything, make sure to backup your photos and other files
Backup sms - check n settings > backup to make sure sms and contacts are synced/backed up

Got to store, search and download upgrade advisor app
Install the app and run, it will tell you whether the upgrade is ready for your phone on your carrier or not

If available, follow instructions from the app and update
Keep checking for updates in settings > update as this is usually a 2 step process
Once the windows OS has updated, go to the new store app and update store
After updating store, check for and update any other apps - there might be more than a dozen
Once all apps are updated, restart the phone, let it settle down for a couple of days and enjoy

Kenzie1990

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks again.... Just followed all your steps then when I go to setting and start the Windows 10 Update its says "The update couldn't be downloaded (800706d9)"...

Any ideas why I cannot update?...

I have new apps etc to be stored automatically on my SD Card, do you think this could be the problem?...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon