Why can't I configure Gmail on my Motorola ES400 handheld Windows mobile 6.5 device?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Cannot configure Gmail on my Motorola ES400 handheld windows mobile 6.5 device

I have configured my gmail account in the windows mobile 6.5 device using pop3. The mails were synchronizing perfectly until a week ago when i got the error "Message cannot be downloaded to your mobile device.Make sure you are connected and that your email account settings are correct. Then try download messages again."
After that i tried configuring it in imap as well, but still had the same error message.

Please find the mail settings that i used as below,
POP3
incoming - pop.gmail.com
Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com

IMAP
incoming - imap.gmail.com
Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com

When i googled the pop3/imap settings for gmail, it mentioned about setting the port for incoming and outgoing mail, but i don't know where to set the port in the windows mobile.

Note:
I have also checked the Required SSL for Incoming email, Required SSL for outgoing email check boxes.

Thanks in advance for your help

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
On the phone; are your region/time/date set correctly? If they aren't, that could be the reason, why your mail isn't syncing.

Wasn't support for 6.5 dropped?

Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

CKSIT

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Was having this same problem with our Motorola barcode scanner with WEHH6.5. Through some research, I found that Google recently switched their SSL encryption to SHA2, which is not supported on the release level of WEHH6.5 on our barcode scanner. A patch is available for us. Hopefully this information will help you get your issue resolved, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss