Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just got a laptop with Windows 8 in it. Since i just have a day to go for upgrade, i wanna ask will Windows 8 Product key qualify for windows 10??
Else it will be long route via win8.1
Also i have image of windows 10 pro (acquired via microsoft) with me. Will it be of any help if i want to upgrade Windows 8 single language to windows 10?? (i remember vista had an option to choose the edition of u dont have product key, is same facility available for win10?

El Nelson

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I just got a laptop with Windows 8 in it. Since i just have a day to go for upgrade, i wanna ask will Windows 8 Product key qualify for windows 10??
Also i have image of windows 10 pro (acquired via microsoft) with me. Will it be of any help if i want to upgrade Windows 8 single language to windows 10?? (i remember vista had an option to choose the edition of u dont have product key, is same facility available for win10?

Hello, I have the same problem.
Please someone should help answer.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

You can update to windows 10, no issue with you having 8.

If you want to have pro installed, you need to have the license for pro. You can install pro after the upgrade is finished to 10

Ipheuria

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Windows 7 or 8 is eligible for Windows 10. As long as it is installed on your computer you can do the upgrade. You don't need to enter a serial number . As long as Win 7 or 8 or 8.1 is on your computer and activated you can upgrade to Windows 10. You better do it today or tomorrow after July 29th it wont be free anymore.

El Nelson

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Windows 7 or 8 is eligible for Windows 10. As long as it is installed on your computer you can do the upgrade. You don't need to enter a serial number . As long as Win 7 or 8 or 8.1 is on your computer and activated you can upgrade to Windows 10. You better do it today or tomorrow after July 29th it wont be free anymore.

I think that should answer my question.
Thanks.

El Nelson

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I finally tried to upgrade.
Download the upgrade app from MS website ran it and the dowload started.
When the dowload was done, it read checking download and surprisingly started downloading from 0%.
I stopped it since my data plan was running out. I would like to try the media image (iso file) option to prevent this but since I've not upgraded to Win10 before am wondering if I would run into problems activating with my windows 8 activation key.
Please any suggestions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When the dowload was done, it read checking download and surprisingly started downloading from 0%.
I stopped it since my data plan was running out. I would like to try the media image (iso file) option to prevent this but since I've not upgraded to Win10 before am wondering if I would run into problems activating with my windows 8 activation key.
Please any suggestions?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

How to do a clean installation of Windows 10 | Windows Central

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Please any suggestions?

you shouldn't be doing the upgrade using cellular or limited data - the update can be as big as 6GB and there will be app updates which can also take another 2-3GB. Get wifi or ethernet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon