How do I retrieve lost data after upgrading to windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So basically, I upgraded to windows 10, and I found that a lot of my documents and photos were gone! But I luckily found them under this pc > local disk (c) > users > public so I decided to move those files to "this pc". But the next day, those files were gone again, and I hoped to retrieve them by restoring windows 7 back to my computer, but unfortunately, that did not help. Do you guys have any idea how to retrieve back my files? Thanks so much!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Check in drive C > windos.old folder
There's a chance the files are there

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Dionysios72

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem except mine was worse.. see my post on Aug 1 on trying to recover deleted files. After I upgraded I had not files in my windows.old folder and I mean nothing other than a public folder with one favorites website. It looks like Windows 10 deleted all my data. :devil::angry: Were you able to find yours? Was it hidden?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem except mine was worse.. see my post on Aug 1 on trying to recover deleted files. After I upgraded I had not files in my windows.old folder and I mean nothing other than a public folder with one favorites website. It looks like Windows 10 deleted all my data. :devil::angry: Were you able to find yours? Was it hidden?

your used storage space had reduced after the upgrade?

ChrisRJ

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
So basically, I upgraded to windows 10, and I found that a lot of my documents and photos were gone! But I luckily found them under this pc > local disk (c) > users > public so I decided to move those files to "this pc". But the next day, those files were gone again, and I hoped to retrieve them by restoring windows 7 back to my computer, but unfortunately, that did not help. Do you guys have any idea how to retrieve back my files? Thanks so much!!

Did you try to install any data recovery softwares? It should speed up the process. I have installed Disk Drill for Windows XP a long time ago to recover old videos on my laptop. Yous should definitely try it :wink: http://www.cleverfiles.com/disk-drill-windows.html

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Windows Central Question

Use EASEUS OR STELLAR DATA RECOVERY SOFTWARE....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss