Why does my phone freeze from time to time with just a blank screen??

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Well sometimes when i start the Camera or some other app the screen goes blank and i can't do anything, can't shut down the app that i've started nor press anything i mean i can feel the vibrations when i press the windows home button by a luck down in the middle sometimes but all i see is blankness i'm using right now Microsoft Lumia 535 with Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.494 any help possible and possible other way to stop the blankness without getting the battery out and putting it back in and powering up the phone?

-Thanks in advance.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Well sometimes when i start the Camera or some other app the screen goes blank and i can't do anything, can't shut down the app that i've started nor press anything i mean i can feel the vibrations when i press the windows home button by a luck down in the middle sometimes but all i see is blankness i'm using right now Microsoft Lumia 535 with Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.494 any help possible and possible other way to stop the blankness without getting the battery out and putting it back in and powering up the phone?

-Thanks in advance.
I get the same issue in the same place (Camera) on my 950XL, Build 14393.5...I have to give it a soft restart (hold Volume down and power buttons down; until it vibrates)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

-Thanks in advance.

It happens with my 950xL too. Except the music keeps playing and the GPS stays on. I just leave it and it eventually turns back on. I assume it's just taking it's time "thinking"

recommended solution is soft reset as suggested above

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss