Windows 10 Anniversary Update: When I lock screen how come my wallpaper is automatically black?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just finished my update for windows 10 anniversary update, but whenever I lock my computer now, the lock screen wallpaper is all black, the text is fine, the buttons are there, it's just the wallpaper, when I click a key to enter into the password screen the wallpaper is there, but not on the previous screen. Any Help? Or has anyone also experienced this problem?

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
So if I understood this correctly it's not displaying your lock screen image? Have you tried changing it to something else and then back to the image that is supposed to be displayed now?

Zimaia

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I know what you mean and i have the same problem!!

If you select that you want the same picture in lockscreen and login screen then you lose the lockscreen picture, this is the bug here

But if you do not select that in the personalization section then you have your lockscreen picture back but you get a blue solid color in the login page.

I hope they fix this because i want the same picture in the both places

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I just finished my update for windows 10 anniversary update, but whenever I lock my computer now, the lock screen wallpaper is all black, the text is fine, the buttons are there, it's just the wallpaper, when I click a key to enter into the password screen the wallpaper is there, but not on the previous screen. Any Help? Or has anyone also experienced this problem?

it's a bug for the moment, I'm also experiencing it

Let's hope they release a patch next week

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Ian Shepard

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Are there any updates to this? Everything I find on Google/Bing only refer to the tech preview version of Win10, not anniversary edition. It annoys me because it's the same scenario on both my Surface and my Win10 laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon