Why is brightness of the display on Lumia 930 so high ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hello everyone. I?m unable to adjust brightness on my Lumia 930. The brightness is very high and when a try to adjust it nothing happens. I set it to high, premium or low but nothing happens. I also tried automatic brightness and it didnt work. I tried even brightess profile but still nothing. Any ideas what could cause this problem and how to fix it ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Do you have anything covering the sensor on the front? That's possibly all that I can think of. Has it always been this bright or did this just come up recently?

anon(5489653)

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, I've got the same issue with my 930 since I updated to Windows 10 Mobile on fast ring.
The front of my phone is clean too.

Like @Robert1151 I don't understand why we can't adjust it manually...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
i?ve checked it and its not dirty. I just dont understand why is there no option to adjust it manually.

Hello guys, I've got the same issue with my 930 since I updated to Windows 10 Mobile on fast ring.
The front of my phone is clean too.

Like @Robert1151 I don't understand why we can't adjust it manually...

the option is there, it just looks like the upgrade broke it. A factory reset might fix it or upgrading to redstone builds using insider program

MartinMoore

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am.
I tried first without Insider Program and then hit the Release Preview but nothing changed.
Switched to fast ring hoping that future updates will solve the problem, but still not.

I too have the same problem. :/
I'm on fast ring.

then consider going back to official AU using wdrt

selecting release ring will not downgrade the OS to a previous version

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I can confirm that the brightness options work fine on a L930 on the release version of the AU (that's the release version outside of the Insider programme, not the release preview). Let's hope it gets sorted before it's passed out to the rest of us.

Sharukh Ahsan

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Same here... After reset my phone, My light sensor is working.. Bt i cant control my brightness... Even if I leave it on automatic.. And after that reset, my rotation doesn't work anymore... I tried sotf reset hard reset... Bt nothing happened... What should i do now??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3