Do you have Reps calling customers Windows tell them there app is Infected.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

This individual as for my computer license number. Asking me to get on my computer and they would help correct the problem. I do have the person name and his cell number. The are code is 701 code. Is the a normal procedure.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
No one here is calling anyone.

Be advised this is Windows Central which has no official affiliation with Microsoft.

If you're receiving calls from someone saying they are from Microsoft simply hang-up.
Calls like this are a common scam from criminals looking to steal personal info from you.

If these calls persist call into your local police department using their "non-emergency" reporting number to let them know.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear…

This is a fan based News and Discussion site. It is in no way run by Microsoft, Lumia or any developer.

If anyone contacts you by phone like that, or you see a popup or email on your device... It Is ALWAYS A SCAM. Never give them any information, never let them remote session onto your device. Swear at them like a drunken pirate and hang up.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3