My Windows 10 Phone does not get my files open by default

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am using Lumia 550 which runs on windows 10. My problem is that the system seems unable to associate files to their appropriate apps.
An excel file should open by default once a working Ms Excel app is present on the phone. Inspite of this however, every file I want to open (pdf, docx, xls etc) would first have to direct me to Store for me to select an app to open it or I must open the appropriate app and browse to the file I want to open, before it does. This was not the case with windows 8/8.1. Files open on default. Any solutions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am using Lumia 550 which runs on windows 10. My problem is that the system seems unable to associate files to their appropriate apps.
An excel file should open by default once a working Ms Excel app is present on the phone. Inspite of this however, every file I want to open (pdf, docx, xls etc) would first have to direct me to Store for me to select an app to open it or I must open the appropriate app and browse to the file I want to open, before it does. This was not the case with windows 8/8.1. Files open on default. Any solutions?

can you try to reinstall the office apps and see if that solves the issue? Which OS version are you on?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital