No update message after 10586.218

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

hi.
I have a lumia 950xl dual sim. unlocked
after build 10586.218 I didn't get any update. I've cheched a hundred times with phone and even upgrade advisor but nothing happened. no new build update, no firmware update. nothing. and I didn't anniversary update message either.
i'm not in the insider program.
does anyone know what the problem is?
how to fix it? (preferably without having to hard reset)
and one more thing.
if I update my phone with windows device recovery tool, will it get erased (like hard reset) ?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Since you seem reluctant to join the Windows Insider program, your only options are to wait or to go for that hard reset and hope it works :)

Yes, using the recovery tool to will wipe the phone just like a hard reset would, BUT the recovery tool will also bring you back to the original build the phone had when you first booted it up

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Maziyar Mahdiyan

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Since you seem reluctant to join the Windows Insider program, your only options are to wait or to go for that hard reset and hope it works :)

Yes, using the recovery tool to will wipe the phone just like a hard reset would, BUT the recovery tool will also bring you back to the original build the phone had when you first booted it up

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I've joined windows central.
I did a hard reset but then again nothing, no update message.
I've downloaded windows insider and joined, but when I click on "get preview builds" it says "no build, we weren't able to find a preview build for you"
I can't change to insider ring either, there's no option for it.
what should I do? :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've joined windows central.
I did a hard reset but then again nothing, no update message.
I've downloaded windows insider and joined, but when I click on "get preview builds" it says "no build, we weren't able to find a preview build for you"
I can't change to insider ring either, there's no option for it.
what should I do? :(

use windows device recovery tool to do a fresh clean install

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12